On September 13, 40 days of mourning, after the tragic and horrific blast that shook the Lebanese capital, Beirut, Electronic Labor Day (ELD), Beatport Reconnect, international DJ Carl Cox, together with the international electronic music community, will join forces through the ‘For Beirut’ initiative. As international DJs from around the world, spared no time in getting in touch with their friends and partners in Beirut, delivering messages of solidarity and support.
‘For Beirut’ is an initiative geared towards raising funds to support Lebanon and its people, after the fourth biggest explosion in history shook Beirut on August 4, 2020. Alongside the material damage estimated at over USD 15 billion, the livelihood of thousands of individuals and families has been diminished. Hundreds have been left without homes, as parts of the city have been erased.
The electronic music fundraiser will begin at 01:58PM EEST (Beirut time) on Sunday, with a moment of silence, marking the timing of the blast, after 40 days of mourning. The minute of silence is in honor of nearly 200 victims who have lost their lives, others still buried under rubble, and all those who have been injured by the blast. The DJ sets will ensue at 2PM EEST (Beirut time) ending at 2AM EEST.
Over 100 international artists including headliners such as Pete Tong and Luciano, will play their sets as the stream will be broadcast across multiple rooms.
Funds will be distributed to three initiatives that have been leading the relief efforts:
- Beirut Emergency Fund is a joint effort between Lebanese diaspora organizations with an aim is to amplify coordination, outreach and impact. They also want to ensure that funds are disbursed in a coordinated manner to well vetted NGOs that focus their efforts on the most pressing needs resulting from this tragedy: Shelter, Food, Medication/Medical Support, Rehabilitation and Environment.
- Impact Lebanon who are raising funds for ongoing relief efforts through their Disaster Relief for Beirut Explosion initiative with a rigorous NGO vetting process. The most important selection criteria for the NGOs is that they are apolitical and non-sectarian, are registered and recognised, have ongoing initiatives to address the crisis and have passed an audit test.
- Bebw’shebbek ow dedicated to rebuilding the doors and windows of homes that have been impacted by the explosion through a volunteering team of experts. They have already undertaken 500 homes, with a goal to fix 150 homes every month and the ultimate objective to repair 3,000 homes.
This is the second edition of Electronic Labor Day (ELD), the first taking place in May 2020, to support the nightlife non-managerial personnel who have been deeply impacted by the repercussions of COVID-19.
Beatport’s ReConnect series has been running since March and has raised over $350,000 for charities and amassed more than 35,000,000 views.
- To donate to the fundraiser, go to: www.electroniclaborday.com/donate
- You can check the full list of artists participating here: www.electroniclaborday.com/artists
- You can watch the livestream on the ELD website, Beatport Twitch and ELD Facebook Page.
The post Beirut fundraiser featuring World’s Biggest DJs incl. Carl Cox, Amelie Lens, Seth Troxler and more appeared first on Only Techno.